I got to the studio just before 9 again, and met up with Mr. Kukla at his office. From there we went to Studio 2 to watch Tim and Lauren (the Good Day news anchors) wrap up and film some promos. Then I got to chance to watch the Good Daze band, that I mentioned yesterday, practice. They were actually pretty good and it was fun to watch. Then we went into see the manager, who wasn't in today. So instead, we talked with her assistant for a while about the shows that had aired last night and our thoughts, and the ratings.
After watching the band, we went upstairs and looked at some of the stuff going on today. Then I went with Steve, who does graphic design. Steve showed me the software that he works on and what sorts of things he does for Fox. He showed me some videos he had worked on and then broke down some of the work he had to do to make them look a specific way. We had some extra time while we were waiting for Mr. Kukla to get out of a meeting, so we played around with some of the technology and watched some more videos.
Afterwords, I got to watch a bunch of video clips for shows that Fox is thinking about showing in the fall. Then I gave Mr. Kukla my input on what shows I liked and what shows I thought would be able to "make it" in the long run. He explained to me that many of these shows did not even make it past the pilot episode because there was doubt that they would bring in enough viewers.
At 2, I went to the evening news meeting again. Today's meeting was heavily focused on the weather due to the severe weather watch in North Texas, and the Tornado warnings. Most of the afternoon programming was interrupted for these weather updates because the weather was so bad (although we didn't really see it in Dallas).
That was about it for today. Tomorrow morning I think I will be heading out with a reporter to watch him/her cover a story. In the afternoon Fox 4 is sending a news crew to the set of Good Guys (a new series starting on fox starring Colin Hanks and Bradley Whitford - watch it!!) to be in a scene for an upcoming episode. Hopefully I will get a chance to visit the tv set!
No comments:
Post a Comment